Thursday, January 26, 2012

DIY Dining room chair re-do

My chairs have been needing to be revived. Our dining room table is a GORGEOUS dark red wood with 4 chairs with cushions that my husband's grandma made herself. They were pretty, but outdated and did not really go with my 'future kitchen' ideas. :)

One day I was blessed to be able to look through about 12 or 15 TUBS of FABRIC!!!!!! Mostly upholstery! Ahh! I was so excited.... I picked out this GORGEOUS green and ivory pattered fabric that I knew immediately would be the one I would use for my chairs.

It took a couple months to get started...I had to pull out all of the million staples in the old fabric, connecting it to the seat itself. That was fun.

Then measuring the new fabric, cutting, finding a staple gun, and setting aside a time that I could have help doing it! (It is a 2 person job....for sure...)

My good friend Kathy offered to let me use her staple gun (she's also the one I got the fabric from :) ) and staples AND helped me hold the cushions so they could be re-done!!! Thank you so much Kathy!!!

So here are a couple of pictures of my new lovely chairs. (I didn't take any pictures of the old fabric, or the steps in doing it, because my camera died. So- in a few months when I have to re-do them again, (I have an 8 month old...) I will post detailed pictures :)

Enjoy!

I love them :) Not perfect, but I love them.

A close up of the fabric. Isn't it pretty? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment