Thursday, July 18, 2013

Inconsistent. That's what this blog is and that's how I feel sometimes! Instead of catching everyone up on the past year, I'll just dive in to where I am today. How's that for an intro? :)

I am due with our 2nd child, Owen Michael, on August 22, 2013. Just 5 short weeks away! We are beyond thrilled and making to-do lists like crazy. I'll have to take a picture of mine...it's pretty insane.

Carter will be 27 months (2...) when Owen gets here. I am quite excited to see how he will react to having a new little person around the house!

It has been ranging in the 90's here in upstate New York. So... Carter and I have been basking in the...air conditioning. Most of the time. Except those times that I get brave enough to go to the pool. We are enjoying summer and it's nice to have something (er...someone) to look forward to at the end of a fun, busy season.

DIY projects I'm working on currently: (or should start soon)

  • Nursing cover. I had an AWESOME one given to me when I had Carter but I have exhausted it. So I'm going to use that one as a pattern and re-do it for new baby. "Should be" pretty easy...
  • Crib bumper. Same story, except it's not exactly worn out. Just doesn't go with the room anymore. We are doing a cars 'theme'. (in all reality, we will have 2 boys, the oldest of which is obsessed with cars, so we have an overabundance and decided to call it a 'theme'. Whatever works.) So I'm looking for coordinating colors to go with the room.
  • Garden! I'm attempting my first raised bed salsa garden! We've had so much rain, that I haven't had to water much! PLUS! But, my tomatoes are pretty small because of all the rain and not much sun. Not plus. However- I am super thrilled to harvest all my goodies at the end of the season! 
  • powder Laundry detergent. I made a batch a while back (actually my 2nd batch) But am running low and with a new baby coming....I'll need more. 
We are definitely keeping busy! Mark is busy at work and also has been taking on some graphic design jobs on the side for clients. Nice extra income=late hours...  

I hope all of you are enjoying your summer! Keep hydrated and don't stress if the dishes are still in the sink. (I'm talking to myself here... ;) )

Happy July!

No comments:

Post a Comment