So- a couple weeks ago, I realized that I didn't want to have to buy much of anything anymore.
Especially if I could make it myself! Example: jewelry, food, clothes, accessories, decorations... you get the point...
My favorite breakfast cereal was no exception, so I started searching and found this GREAT recipe!
Thank you to my friend Tracy for letting me re-post her amazing creation!!
So here we go. Homemade Granola. (No High Fructose Corn Syrup- Bleck!)
- 4 cups Quick cooking oats
- 1/4 cup Flax seed (ground, OR you can grind the whole seeds yourself with a hammer. Just kidding- use a coffee grinder or mortar and pestle. :)
- 1/2 cup Sliced Almonds
- 1/2 cup Pecans (chopped) I used store bought pieces.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (I used shredded)
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- pinch of Salt
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/3 cup Vegetable or Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
*Next time I make this, I am going to add dried fruit.
Put all the dry ingredients (first section) in a large bowl and mix it really well.
Put all the 'wet' ingredients (second section) into a small pot, except for the vanilla.
Stir while you bring to a boil.
Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
Pour mixture over the dry ingredients and Stir like crazy!
(keep it in the bowl, but I mean stir it really well...)
Try not to eat yet. :)
Cover a pan (I used a cookie sheet with edges) with parchment paper.
Bake @325 F for 20-25 minutes. I stirred mine about halfway through baking to make sure it didn't burn. After it is cooled on the pan, store in an air tight container in refrigerator.
I like mine just like cereal- in a bowl with milk, and topped with fresh fruit.
(Raspberries, bananas or strawberries are good)
Mark likes his on top of vanilla yogurt- parfait style. :)
Either way, ENJOY!